17 January 2020
Summit Education Enterprise (SEE) is a dynamic and fast growing education organisation based in Oxford. We are recruiting temporary part-time/full-time Programme Assistants to join our team who will support the smooth running of our winter academic programmes for international students.
Our ideal candidates are warm and friendly undergraduate or postgraduate students with an enthusiasm for intercultural exchange and student life in Oxford, who are available for approximately 15 – 20 hours per week.
Supporting Programme Logistics
- Assisting with airport arrivals and departures.
- Assisting with day-to-day logistics, e.g. leading the programme attendees between their accommodation, teaching venues, restaurants and other places of interest.
Provision of Pastoral Care
- Help to create a welcoming atmosphere to programme attendees.
- Foster positive relationships between programme attendees and accommodation providers, e.g. homestay families and College staff.
- Support the welfare and wellbeing of the programme attendees.
Administer/Monitor Health & Safety
- Recording and monitoring attendance of the programme attendees.
- Ensuring that the programme attendees follow the rules, regulations and safety procedures of the programme and its partners.
- Report any disciplinary concerns to the programme’s management staff
Supporting Cultural & Social Activities/Experiences
- Enthusiastically share own experience of living and studying in Oxford/UK.
- Help prepare and support ice-breaking activities, including physically demanding activities as appropriate, e.g. Punting, Zumba, Scottish Dancing.
- Supervision and delivery of tours in and outside Oxford as appropriate.
- Interact with programme attendees outside the classroom as appropriate.
Supporting Academic Activities/Progress
- Welcome and introduce speakers as appropriate.
- Record and update photographic content daily.
- Facilitate group discussions.
- Guide students in group projects as appropriate.
- From time to time, support the management team with general administrative tasks.
Qualifications, Experience/Skills and Key Competencies
- Strong organisational skills, with impeccable time-management.
- Experience and knowledge of the Oxford college system/UK higher education system.
- Highly flexible and strong ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to work outside business hours/to work long hours.
- Ability to organise and execute high-quality group activities.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to develop and nurture strong working relationship with multiple stakeholders, notably programme attendees (students) and Programme Managers.
- Currently studying for a degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) at the University of Oxford/UK Universities or a recent graduate.
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- Experience of supporting conference and/or events.
- Experience in leading groups to places of cultural and/or historical interest.
- Group leadership experience.
- Knowledge about key attractions in London, Cambridge and Oxford.
- Experience in using WeChat.
- Additional language proficiency (especially Chinese).
- Basic training in first aid.
- Valid DBS check.
- Experience of providing pastoral care to students.
Dates - 1 to 14 February 2020
£12 per hour, with free meals on duty
We accept applications on a rolling basis, but early application is encouraged.
To make an application, please email your CV and a brief covering letter detailing your suitability for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org